Why were 12 deer found dead near a feeding station in New Hampshire during the late winter months earlier this year? We find out why when we speak with Dan Bergeron, a biologist with New Hampshire Fish and Game and the NH Deer Project Leader.
We discuss this, feeding deer in deep snow, the state of fish and game departments, why New Hampshire is considering cancelling their moose hunt, and can big antlered deer grow routinely in climates like New Hampshire?
Here’s What We Discuss in the Episode:
- The Elephant in the Room- 12 Dead Deer
- Field Necropsy, No Sign of Predation
- Fat Checks, Trauma Checks, Bloody Diarrhea
- No Pletted Scat and Intestines
- Corn, Pelleted Feed, Hay and the State Veterinarian
- Enterotoximia, High Carbs Feed, Sudden Introductions
- Woody Browse, Stomach Enzymes and Bacteria
- 48″ of Snow and Rabies, Killy Deer Unintentionally
- Is there Better Deer Food to Feed Deer?
- If You Don’t Feed Them, Will Deer Survive?
- Is this all just BS?
- Funding Fish and Game and DNR Departments
- Costs Increasing, Revenues Decreasing
- New Hampshire Moose Lottery Cancelled?
- The Moose-Deer Habitat and Relationship
- Why are Moose Populations in New Hampshire Decreasing?
- The Winter Tick, 30,000 Grapes, Sometimes 150,000
- Ground Snails and Brain Worm
- Can New Hampshire Become a Big Rack State?
- The Big Deer Body
- Dan’s #1 Tool, Tips, and Research Papers
- Dan can be reached at 603-271-2461
Our APP: www.BigBuckRegistry.com/app
Help Support This Show: www.BigBuckRegistry.com/pledge
FEEDBACK HOTLINE: 724-613-2825
HELP FUND THIS SHOW: www.BigBuckRegistry.com/donate
REVIEW and SUBSCRIBE on iTUNES and Stitcher:
Want to Know When the Next Big Buck Podcast is Released?
Then Join the Club: www.BigBuckRegistry.com/huntmail
Submit A Buck: www.BigBuckRegistry.com/mybuck
Be a Guest: Guests@BigBuckRegistry.com
Share for Share: www.BigBuckRegistry.com/s4s
Also find us on these fine networks: