Constant tinkering in the machine shop and thinking outside the box has lead Gearhead Archery to some of the most innovative bow designs in recent history. How can we make a compound bow more compact? Skip Peterson shares the story behind the growth and concepts of Gearhead archery. From the napkin the original design was written on to the growth and future of archery at Gearhead Archery, this is a story about a bow that is turning heads AND it fits in a backpack.
HERE’S WHAT WE DISCUSS IN THIS SHOW:
- Tinkering in the Shop and Thinking Outside the Box
- Power Springs and Compression
- An Ownership Kind of Place
- A Compact Bow and a 60,000 foot facility
- A Bow to Slip in the Pack
- The Importance of a Napkin Design
- The Dash Inn and Ribs in Buffalo, Wyoming
- Removing the Draw Cycle
- Selling Pattens 2008
- A Tank of a Small Bow, No Tweaking, No Adjustments
- The Need of an Extended Release
- The Smile After the Shot and the Physics Behind it
- No Hand Shock and a Solid Back Wall
- The Peep is Further from Your Eye
- A Robin Hood at 80 Yards
- T18 and T20 (inches axle to axle)
- All the Big Bow Features But Half the Size
- Did it Come Out the Way You Designed?
- No Wrist Slap!
- 480 Grain 26 Inch Arrow
- 70lbs, 325 FPS, 500 SPINE
- The Mission of Gearhead: To Make the Best Bow
- The Weight Race, The Plumb Bob Stabilizer
- The Skeptics, Maintenance and Return Policy
- Skip’s #1 Deer Story, #1 Hunting Tips, A Horseshoe in the Backpack
- The Bow GoPro Mount
- Skip’s #1 Book!
Our APP: www.BigBuckRegistry.com/app
Help Support This Show: www.BigBuckRegistry.com/pledge
FEEDBACK HOTLINE: 724-613-2825
HELP FUND THIS SHOW: www.BigBuckRegistry.com/donate
REVIEW and SUBSCRIBE on iTUNES and Stitcher:
Want to Know When the Next Big Buck Podcast is Released?
Then Join the Club: www.BigBuckRegistry.com/huntmail
Submit A Buck: www.BigBuckRegistry.com/mybuck
Be a Guest: Guests@BigBuckRegistry.com
Share for Share: www.BigBuckRegistry.com/s4s
Also find us on these fine networks: