Some of us are so used to hunting the big woods that we overlook opportunity close to town. Granted, it might mean that you will have a visual of your vehicle from your tree stand and will need avoid a jogger or two, but big deer live and thrive in urban areas too. With the right set up, tactics, awareness, proficiency testing, and tags you too could take a monster buck not far from downtown. Dan Spencer takes us hunting in the parks around Des Moines, Iowa and tells about his whitetail blue print for success in urban areas.
HERE’S WHAT WE DISCUSS:
- Self Taught and 30 Years Later
- Gramp’s 16 Gauge Single Shot
- Public Lake Land, Rolling Hills, and Park & Rec
- Bow Hunter Safety Class and Yearly Proficiency
- 10 Arrows at 15 and 10 at 20, 80% 12 Inch Circle
- Definition of an Urban Hunt
- Car Accidents, Exotic Flowers, and nuisance Animals
- A New Rule Book, and Suburban Rules
- Why is this guy in orange?
- Signing Up for Certain Parks and a Blaze Orange Tag
- 268 Acres is Less Than a Half Square Mile
- Des Moines Park and Rec and the Hunting Rules
- Scouting the Park and Park Deer Trails
- The Doe Trail VS the Buck Trail
- Experts at Avoiding Humans at 40 Yards
- Tie Down Don’t Trim and 6’3 on a Sapling
- Do Deer Move Differently in Public Parks?
- Bag O’ Tricks- Thermacell, Deer Calls, Boot Scent, adn Permetrhin, Truetalker
- How do you get a deer out of a public park after the kill?
- Thank You For Killing The Deer!
- Insurance Incentives and Car Accidents, and Wild Vermin
- The Tarp and Cart Extraction Technique- Avoiding Humans and Blending in
- Dan’s #1 Deer Story, Books, Tips, and Favorite Thing
Our APP: www.BigBuckRegistry.com/app
Help Support This Show: www.BigBuckRegistry.com/pledge
FEEDBACK HOTLINE: 724-613-2825
HELP FUND THIS SHOW: www.BigBuckRegistry.com/donate
REVIEW and SUBSCRIBE on iTUNES and Stitcher:
Want to Know When the Next Big Buck Podcast is Released?
Then Join the Club: www.BigBuckRegistry.com/huntmail
Submit A Buck: www.BigBuckRegistry.com/mybuck
Be a Guest: Guests@BigBuckRegistry.com
Share for Share: www.BigBuckRegistry.com/s4s
Also find us on these fine networks: