Mike and Dan discuss advantages hunting with suppressed rifles in MI now that the NRC has allowed them.
- Hearing protection
- Less felt recoil that leads to increased accuracy due to less anticipated flinch and recoil
- Better accuracy leads to a more ethical kill shot being placed on animals
- Game is less spooked due to less noise in the field due to a reduced shot report
Mike and Dan talk with James Booth who has some good basic info on the use of suppressors in the field for hunting
- How to obtain a suppressor and apply through the BATFE to register it
- The advantages of using a suppressor in the field
- What calibers benefit the most from using a suppressor
- What are James four top manufactures of suppressors
- What you can expect to pay for a suppressor
- Setting up before the hunt
- James’ favorite caliber to use a 300 Blackout and why
- Will this be a game changer for the outdoorsmen
- What are the advantages for a trapper to use a suppressor
Urine based deer lures are possibly going to be banned in Pennsylvania due to the spread of CWD.
- What is the impact of urine based deer lures being used and spreading CWD
- Is there testing for this
- What impact will this have on the hunting industry and hunting community
- Is there another alternative
What is the future of the 2nd Amendment since the passing of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia this weekend?