Mike and Dan are setting their bows up for target shooting and are using the new Stan SX3 release aids.
- Spring trigger vs Barrel trigger
- Hunting situation, clip on the string and let it hang
- Question from a viewer on the livestream
- Don’t punch yourself in the face
- Thumb release vs a trigger release
- Helped with consistency and groupings
- Practice screw
- Dan has tried a thumb release before….
Mike talks with a land consultant about food plots vs forest forage
- food in 1 acre of food plots equal 100 acres of well managed forest
- Mike’s property is more like 1 acre food plots vs 150 acres of forest land
- Does need food to make milk
- If a doe is off looking in the forest for food away from her fawn she is going to look longer to get the food she needs so predation goes through the roof since she is away from her fawn longer
- Prescribed fire story from Dr. Deer
Mike had issues setting up his new bow sight
- Setting up at 25, 35, 45, 55, 65 yard increments for hunter division on a target bow
- Started setting up and ran out of room in the sight housing for the last pin
- Had to start over with the farthest shot and work back up
- Using the stabilizers have helped in building the shooting Process for Mike
- The stabilizers have helped settle the bow in his hands
- Dan’s shooting is starting to come together as well
- Dan is building his Process
Dan answers a question about what turkey gun he uses.
- Mossberg 500 turkey gun
- Pump with a telescopic stock and a red dot sight
- Weighs about 7 lbs.
Mike got back on the bike.